Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Patient-Patient

                                  
While visiting my doctor’s office, I wondered,
How long will I possibly have to wait?
Watching people enter and exit through doors,
My doctor, I slowly began to hate.

For hours I’ve been awaiting his call,
And now the crowd around me has thinned,
I’m growing nervous and upset and anxious,
Because now I feel worse than when I first came in.

Usually I arrive early, so my visit won’t be prolonged,
Between chitting and chatting the time passes fast,
But that doctor hasn’t called me yet.
My stomach is beginning to growl, I hope it doesn’t last.

Quickly I respond when my name is called,
You should’ve seen the smile on my face,
I told my doctor how patient I’d been,
But I just couldn’t wait to get out of that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment